Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day on their own blogs with the aim of sparking discussion around an issue of global importance. Blog Action Day October 15, 2009 will be the largest-ever social change event on the web. This year the issue is climate change and the upcoming United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen.
So if you write a blog, for one day, on October 15th, write about climate change.
To help you start thinking, here are a few ideas from their site, about how you might connect climate change to things that you might already write about:
- A Technology or Business blog might write about emerging clean tech and how innovative companies might be able to help address the problem of climate change.
- A Health or Lifestyle blog might write about how climate change will affect our children’s health and daily living.
- A Nonprofit or Political blog might write about how climate change is deeply connected to many other issues – such as poverty and conflict.
- A Design blog might write about new trends in eco-friendly or sustainable design.
- A Travel blog might write about the places you want to see now before climate change makes them difficult to access or, well, under the sea.
Check out www.blogactionday.org for more information.