The Big Tidy
Do you ever wonder why you put off doing things that you know are going to make life easier but are a bit of a bore so they get the mañana treatment? Well, the clutter-infested allotment shed has been getting mañana management ever since I took over the plot at the end of July. How much procrastination can a woman do, you may ask, and the answer is, quite a lot when it comes to things under the heading of “housework”. I mean, for heavens sake, tidying up would use up valuable digging/pruning/planting/composting time, right? But it was beginning to annoy me, every time I needed a tool, it was a five minute rummage to find the required item. As the more interesting jobs outside are getting done, the time had come for the Shed Makeover. So I am pleased to report the following Shed Improvements:
- All tools now hung on hooks for ease of access (hooks = nails, obviously) so no more untangling of hose pipes and rakes to uncover the fork.
- A coat hook (coat hook actually = coat hook! There’s posh!) on the back of the door for anorak and cycle helmet so no need to delve under debris at home time.
- Table cleared of clutter so now available for storing thermos and lunch. (No doilies yet, let’s not overdo it…)
- Poly rubbish bags inside another poly bag, so they don’t obscure any of the above.
- Floor cleared of mud/litter (litter not mine, inherited) /general rubbish. No, I will never use the tea bags left behind by previous occupant.
- Rubber-backed mat found outside in remarkably good condition spread on the floor. Not sure about this, could get very muddy, but adds a touch of luxury at lunch time.
So there it is, I’ll be super-efficient now, a place for everything, everything in it’s place, an end to rummaging…do you think a few posters on the wall would look silly….? Maybe a “Home Sweet Home” sign above the door…