Transition Ashtead has started a home energy group. With 27% of all energy in the UK consumed in domestic housing and 85% of our existing housing stock set to still be with us in 2050, we all need to act now to reduce our carbon footprint, and reduce our energy bills.
- Share success and failures. We could encourage people to put their own energy projects on our website and maybe have open days in their homes. (We have already had an offer to view a local ground source heat pump installation.)
- Bulk buy insulation materials
- Advise on good local suppliers and contractors
- Help people to use the grants available
- Encourage people to measure their personal carbon footprint – please see below for more information
If you would like to get involved in the group or want to know more, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email Barrie Mould